Identify Concerns that must change (look to the future)
(Assign points to concerns from 1 to 3 in the order of the most important issues to consider.)
1. Parents of LEP students become more active with their child’s academics.
2. Academics of LEP students increases due to active involvement of their parents.
3. Students become more independent, confident and responsible on their own.
Identify Affirmations that must be sustained (look to the present)
(Assign points to affirmations from 1 to 3 in the order of the most important issues to consider.)
1. Faculty/Staff bilingual cohort shall maintain their same level of professionalism.
2. Students should maintain their grades, attendance, and behavior.
3. Students continue to participate and excel in their extracurricular activities.
SMART Recommendations that must be implemented:
(Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely)
(Assign points to recommendations from 1 to 3 in the order of the most important recommendations to implement.)
1. Create a bilingual cohort to be the main people spearheading the workshops/informationals/activities for the parents.
2. Create, plan, and implement workshops/informationals/activities for parents in their language.
3. Discuss some kind of monthly activity for LEP students on campus so that they may feel included.
EVALUATE – Specifically and Often
(Identify the best ways to evaluate the implemented recommendations.)
1. Collect academic data post recommendations.
2. Create a wrap up meeting with faculty and staff to determine any changes that need to be made to workshops/informationals/activities.