Thursday, July 4, 2013

EDLD 5363- Campus Supervised Hours and Action Research Brief Update



My campus-supervised hours have been quickly accumulating. I have roughly about 500 hours completed and documented. It seems that everything falls into place at the right time. In addition, as soon as I am done with a certain task or project, I quickly document and reflect on it so that I will not forget about it and wait until the last minute to try and remember what the project was about. Certain activities/projects I have done have been STAAR Development through Technology Instructor during the summer, Assistant Resident Director for the Texas Governor’s School Program, as well as hosting a “How To Build Your Own Website” session during the district’s Technology Staff Development Day. 


In regards to my action research, I have coordinated one activity/informational in regards to informing parents of ELL students of the STAAR Tests. However, with recent changes in the education field, I find it the right time to host another informational to inform parents and students of said changes. One thing that has changed is my location. I will focus more on the “gap” that exists between ELL students between high school and higher education. I will be working under the direction of the newly Dr. Ashley Spicer-Runnels who is the director of Student Development and Leadership/Student Engagement at Lamar University.

No comments:

Post a Comment